Wednesday 19 February 2014

TT02B Neo Scorcher



Mine arrived a couple of days ago and I'm almost done with the build. I will be posting a short build post later. It's a great design and a cool looking chassis. Some parts a re bit softer then I was expecting but overall it's a great looking platform. I'm going to be doing a series of up dates to this buggy over time and will keep updating the blog as I go.

First impressions of the car are good. There are only a couple of things to point out. First would be the diff case screws, they are tiny and if not careful you'll strip them. I almost lost one but with patience I got the sorted. Granted I'll probably not be able to take it apart to service but that's okay. Speaking of servicing... The access to the main parts of the car are superb, you can get in dismantle, fix and assemble the rear diff case of the chassis in 60 seconds.. it's a total of 9 screws..zippy quick. Moving on from that good stuff is a slightly concerning thing, the plastics. Most are great, the chassis tub is excellent as are the arms etc, but the suspension towers are uber bendy, not sure if this is a design feature to make it more durable but they are very very soft. So are the front and rear skid plates, these double as suspension pin holders and are again quite soft.

Time will tell how it handles. Most of these areas of concern will be replaced with hop-ups in the next few weeks and I'll have a nice club racer by the end of it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi what hop ups are there for the front and rear skid plates

    ReplyDelete